Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lillian 1st Birthday Party- Saturday March 6, 2010



I threw Lillian her 1st Birthday party today! I can't believe my tiny little bundle of joy is almost a year old (will be on March 9th). She seemed to love the balloons and decorations. We had just a few close friends over and their kiddos (I tired to keep the party small), also my father and his new girlfriend came. Lillian seemed to enjoy watching all the kiddos run around, I could see that she really wanted to join them. When it came time to do the cake and such, she didn't quite know what to think of everyone singing happy birthday to her, she just kept staring at me the whole time. She touched her cake a little then decided she didn't like the icing on her fingers (just like Annalese did at her first birthday party). Then since she wouldn't put any of the cake or icing in her mouth I put some on a spoon and fed it to her...that did not go over well! She started crying and gaging like I just poisoned her! This really was not a surprise to me as she refuses to eat solid foods, she's a baby food only type of gal. I was really disappointed that my husband could not locate a Internet connection fast enough so that we could web cam and him be "present" via the Internet for the party. Yesterday I was a total wreck, crying a lot because he wasn't going to be here for the party. Today I did okay, because of my friend Anna coming to help set up for the party & for my other friends' support. I'm so blessed to have good friends to help me get through this!

1 comment: