Friday, January 29, 2010

Annalese's First Real Hair Cut


So I woke up in a funky mood...I should have known when I acknowledged I was in a funky mood not to do anything rash but alas I did. I took scissors to my poor trusting toddler's hair. I think it was the scissors that went bad and not my skills because it did not turn out like I had hoped. I had been thinking about cutting her hair for a few days because lately she's really been fighting me when its time to pull her hair up in any way and it was getting so long to leave it down just resulted in her looking shabby within an hour of good hard playing. Well after I took a few inches off I realized that I was doing a pretty shotty job at trying to make it to not look like someone took a pair of dull scissors to her hair. So I called my ever-faithful friend Anna and asked her where she took her son Jimmy to get his hair cut and she told me of a place that I could just walk in at. The only other time Annalese had had a professional cut her hair when while I was getting my hair done another stylist trimmed her bangs up (and got them way to short for my tastes). But no professional had ever cut the back of her hair. So off the girls and I went, we had to wait for about 15 mins but the girls just waited patiently without a fuss. Annalese got to sit in the barber seat that had a little red car attached to it so she was happy. I explained to the stylist what I had done and the lady looked at me like "yep seen this one before." Annalese was a perfect angel, never cried or fussed just happily sat very still and let the woman cut her hair. After all was said and done I think it looks cute but I do miss her long hair Oh well, we can grow it back out again. But from now on we'll just keep it trimmed nicely (by a professional) so it doesn't look so shabby when it gets long.

No comments:

Post a Comment