Saturday, January 23, 2010

A day of Ups and Downs



Well today was an interesting Saturday. We had a Princess Birthday Party for Annalese's friend Chloe to go to today so in the process of getting ready Annalese decides she'd like some make-up on. So I proceed to put blush on her cheeks but her poor little cheeks have been suffering from some dry patches and the blush stuck in the dry spots making some funny rosy shapes. So I had to wash the blush off, then moisturize her cheeks so the blush would go on well. In the process of removing blush, washing then moisturize Annalese got upset with me and blurted out "I don't like you, I don't love you!" I was put aback this is the first time she had said either of those phrases to me. I thought I still had another year to go before she would start saying things like that to me. Annalese has always been very developmentally advanced so this shouldn't have surprised me but she's always been very loving and sensitive too. I responded by telling her to go take a time-out after she told her daddy what she was in time-out for. Now let me explain, I fully believe in her expressing her feelings and I know she's not old enough to express them appropriately but I want her to learn early that she should not say hurtful things like that to people but instead learn to say "I'm angry" or "stop it" etc. My hubby immediately proceeded to give her a guilt trip telling her she should not say that when mommy has been so nice lately, taking her to the circus last night (that's another story) and is getting ready to take her to a birthday party. So Annalese quickly came in, hugged me and told me she loved me and she was sorry. I told her that I loved her to but she should not say things like that to me because they hurt my feelings and I would never say such things to her.

So we went to Chloe's 4th birthday party and we both had a great time. Chloe is one of her favorite girl friend's and she was so excited to go out of the house in her Cinderella dress.

This evening was tame yet homey as most nights are around here. Lilly said "Mama" the most she has ever said it in one day, so that was thrilling for me. We finished up the night by letting Annalese watch Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs for the first time....well she watching it as I type this. The Queen/witch scares her, she's watching half of it with the furry pink blanket over her head, curled up next her her daddy on the couch. Every time the witch appears on the screen, back under the blanket she disappears. To get her back out her daddy has to reassure her that there's nothing to be afraid of and the witch can't hurt her.

Tomorrow I will be joining the local concert choir. This is at the prodding of friend, whom has been in the choir for several years and she knows of my vocal music major background. Its been many many years since I was in a real concert choir and I'm a little nervous and I know my voice is a little rusty but I really miss choir singing so I'm willing to give it a go tomorrow.

Well I guess that's all the recent happening around here that I care to write about for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment